On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 at 21:21:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/10/2015 12:57 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Walter's reason for this is that 4-space indentation makes it look bad
on Kindle and other small-screen readers.

My Kindle 3 has a 37 character screen width when using a monospace font (i.e. code font). Trying to read code formatted to 80 columns on it is just awful. While I don't expect anyone to read Phobos source code on a Kindle, I do expect the ereader version of the documentation to be read on the Kindle (or phone or whatever ereader).

Isn't this problem better solved mechanically?

(If we used tabs for indentation, it would be as simple as setting the tab width...)