On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 08:21:27 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 03:20:57 +0000, weaselcat wrote:

I'm sure I'll get a response from ketmar( ;-) )
for your pleasure, sir!

believe me or not, but i almost fully share your opinion. i'm not using classes (well, almost), and when i have to, GC is working ok for me. but i can see a need in deterministic resource management and classes simultaneously. ;-) one of my hobbies is remaking ancient videogames (don't ask; i never finished one ;-), so i can understand a desire to
aviod D GC.

I see it as quite a shame that people repeatedly say they actively avoid using classes in D in favor of structs where possible, until forced to use classes.