On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 16:37:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 2/11/15 8:30 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 16:16:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
* What's going to happen with the commit history for our current
projects?

* How about the pull requests history?

If you have to ask this question, there's clearly a big communication gap. This is not an overhaul of existing repositories or processes. The answer to both is "nothing", and I don't think anyone is seriously
considering a change that would invalidate either.

Can't be "nothing" - there will be something. E.g. the commit history of the new repo will be a merge of the histories of the individual projects. Is that right? -- Andrei

No. New repo history will contain only information about commit hashes of submodules it contains:

http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Submodules