On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 01:43:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
This is a free world. Walter and I are working on a DIP. Please work on yours. I can't promise we'll choose to your liking, but this is the one way you can make your point heard and understood. What doesn't work is trash talk.

I guarantee I recognize brilliance when I see it. So if you have a brilliant idea, it won't be missed. Have at it. One thing I cannot do is choose a solution that you prefer over one I prefer - this does remain a subjective topic. I can't help it. But please don't consider me an idiot because I don't like what you propose.

I don't think you are being fair here. Even if not formally expressed as a DIP, at least Mark and myself have come up with fairly detailed explanations, in topic you participated in, so we can't really do as if it didn't existed. Also, I do not think this is a subjective matter. Yes there is a part of it that is matter of taste and is subjective, but overall there is a big chunk of objectively discussable things is there proposal, like language complexity and expressiveness added to the language.

But here is mostly what I think is going on. We are discussion various issues, including make the GC faster, enable safe RC, make @nogc more usable (for instance exception usability), safe ref, enforcing type qualifier contraints, and so on...

For each of these issues, solution are proposed. What I (and I think Mark would agree) propose would solve them all. Yes this is more complex than any of the solution proposed for each of these. But this is way simpler, and enable way more than having a unique, simpler solution for each of these problems.