On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 19:58:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/25/2015 11:01 PM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
What you are describing is a compacting GC and not a generational GC. Please just describe in words how you would do a generational GC without write barriers. Because just as deadalnix wrote, the problem is tracking pointers
within the old generation that point to the new generation.

It was a generational gc, I described earlier how it used page faults instead of write barriers. I eventually removed the page fault system because it was faster without it.

Page fault ARE write barrier.