language_fan wrote:
On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:52:51 -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

Scala supports that with mixins, D supports that with multiple
subtyping.
I don't know what you mean about multiple subtyping.

I have also not seen the specs for this feature. How does multiple subtyping work exactly in D?

The feature is very much in the works. I gave a basic example for two
types. Unfortunately at the moment only one alias this declaration is
allowed. The plan is to allow any number.

Does it have exactly the same semantics as using interfaces + mixing in the traits?

No.

Why was the 'alias foo this' chosen if you are also planning to add support for Scala like traits (some other thread here recently discussed this).

Currently there are no plans to add support for Scala-like traits.

Andrei, you probably know how Scala chooses the overrides and overloads when traits have conflicts. How does D handle this?

Walter and I are working the kinks of name lookup. If you have ideas,
please share.