On Friday, 6 March 2015 at 09:09:43 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at 18:43:50 UTC, Aram wrote:
I've been thinking over a GUI framework for D for some time, and ended up with idea expressed by Andrew Fedoniouk here: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/32633.html. That is, having a separate drawing layer, and widgets built on top of it. But since it has already been discussed 9 years ago, I wonder if such a framework has ever been implemented.

The only reasonable approaches these days are either:
3. A very efficient OpenGL based composite engine that do 60hz redraws and that can be integrated in a fullscreen OpenGL app/game. This is really the best approach now that mainstream GPUs can do 60hz refresh without hickups. But it is not easy to get right.

DlangUI does it if built with version=USE_OPENGL

Can draw UI on top of OpenGL scene.