On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 00:20:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
A friend of mine needed to complete a small project and thought of using a language he didn't know for it. He already knew I work on D so he considered it alongside Go. He ended up choosing the latter, and documented his decision making process in a few notes that he subsequently shared with me. I'll paste below a sort of transcript of his handwritten notes.

I think this is valuable information from a relatively unbiased potential user, and good ideas and action items on how we can improve our curb appeal. Even mistaken perceptions are good signal - it means our materials weren't explicit enough to dispel them.

I'd love us to derive a few action items from this and other feedback.

Andrei

Well see the real problem is that D cant seem to cater to one group or another.

It cant cater to new/inexperienced people because it isnt portrayed that way.

It cant cater to the hardcore/DieHard C/C++ people because it is difficult to convince them.

You need to pick a target audience and stick with it...