On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 16:24:19 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 15:13:44 UTC, weaselcat wrote:

I can't really think of any language that doesn't implement strings as an array of characters.

I understand very well the meaning of "immutable(char)[]" but I try to walk in the first time user's shoes. The problem is that using a string you must understand before concepts like immutability. To sort them, well, you must buy a book.

I'm the only one so old, that for me, studying a language from a book is the normal pattern to follow for learning it?

I remember well all the big books packed in Borland's products....
---
Paolo