[skip]
I'm not a native English speaker, but a range can start with a needle? Where is the haystack? :)

Yes the output is awful, but that does not imply some kind of concepts is needed to make the documentation easier to understand. And Python's startsWith makes no use of a protocol. See here http://www.rafekettler.com/magicmethods.html for an explanation.

Now that we're talking about creating your own sequences in Python, it's time > to talk about protocols. Protocols are somewhat similar to interfaces in other > languages in that they give you a set of methods you must define. However, in > Python protocols are totally informal and require no explicit declarations to > implement. Rather, they're more like guidelines.

It's similar to what we have, just with even less help from the language. (We can at least statically check that some arguments is e.g. a range).

Anyway, in the Python built-in lib I didn't find any levenshtheinDistance
Please calculate the levenshtein distance of "aaabc" and "ababc" both in python and D.

Then come back and tell me it was too hard in D compared to Python.

, boyermooreFinder or schschchcscshshscscshshscscssscsshcswarzSort.

Both are well known and useful algorithms. You might not know them but that's actually no argument not to include them in phobos. Their presence does not make the documentation any harder to understand or harder to find a startsWith function.

I don't buy this "There is a function I don't know, it's so hard to understand thing". That's like saying: I only need XML, don't put JSON in the stdlib because I will get confused! How should I anticipate that I don't need std.json when I just want to parse XML? I cannot even google that for me.