On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 14:39:48 UTC, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
Looked also in the source code to find out that startsWith is locale sensitive, something ignored in phobos.

Why would I need a locale for startsWith? Please file a bug, if that's actually needed for unicode strings.

Because in German, "Köln" can start with "Kö", but also with "Koe" and "K\u0308o" ?

Regarding the scscscshghshshshhswarzThing, here we discuss the readability and accessibility of the documentation, not the power of the library. Every other language will use a variation of "sortBy" instead of the scscshwcwscThing. I'm happy that D has in the default lib functions like levenshteinDistance, but this will not attract the average or "just starting to learn" developer. On the contrary, sorting correctly some names is a more common task than calculating the Levenshtein distance, but there is no function for it in phobos.