On 31/03/2015 2:07 p.m., deadalnix wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 00:49:41 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 31/03/2015 1:08 p.m., deadalnix wrote:
That would be great if we could JIT the unitests at build time...

While we are at it, how about improving CTFE to be fully JIT'd and
support calling external code? That way it is only a small leap to add
unittests to be CTFE'd.

I wouldn't go that far as to add external calls into CTFE, but yeah,
that's pretty much the way I see things going.

Yeah, there is a lot of pros and cons to adding it. But the thing is, we are not pushing CTFE as far as it can go. We really aren't. And in some ways I like it. It makes it actually easier to work with in a lot of ways.