On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 15:12:18 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 12:49:19 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
I'd suggest a fresh look be introduced when the ref counting and GC work has been done,

Believe it or not i'm not opposed to this.

and personally I'd suggest just a simple clean 2D metro-ish "D" as the "logo",

No. This is fashion. Hire a professional to do it and make long term usability a requirement. The 2d flat look will feel very old when the big boys (Microsoft, Apple) move on.

Yep it's certainly a fashion but is there really any escape from that? I agree that professionals will do a much better job than an amateur will.

At the end of the day it's Walter's and Andrei's decision and it's not a decision to take lightly. Sometimes a new logo (and associated re-brand) can give you an energetic new direction on the other hand it can cause more issues with recognisability and market confusion.

Yes.