On 2009-10-10 19:01:35 -0400, dsimcha <dsim...@yahoo.com> said:

Overall, the point is that there should be a well-defined process for getting
code into Phobos and a well-defined place to post this code and comment on it.
 Bugzilla probably doesn't cut it because it's not easy to download, compile
and test lots of different snippets of code from here.

There should indeed be a process for proposing new modules or major features. I don't care much what it is, but it should make code available for review from all the interested parties, and allow public discussion about this code. Whether this discussion should happen on this newsgroup or elsewhere, I'm not sure however.

And it'd be nice if it could auto-generate documentation from the proposed modules: glancing at the documentation often gives you a different perspective on the API, and it'd encourage people to write good documentation.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com