On 4/24/2015 3:29 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
I haven't really followed the autodecoding conversations. The problem is that
front on char ranges decode, right?

Nope. Only front on narrow string arrays. Ranges aren't autodecoded.

Is there quick way to tell which functions
are auto decoding so we can have a list of candidates for replacement? It'd be
good for hackweek.

If they accept ranges, and don't special case narrow strings, then they
autodecode.

I'm reminded of this conversation
http://forum.dlang.org/post/xgnurdjcqiyatpvnw...@forum.dlang.org
which contains a partial list of candidates.

PR's exist for most of these now.

Following your lead with
implementing these lazy versions (without autodecoding) would be good hackweek
projects.

Yup.

Finally, there is this http://goo.gl/Wmotu4 list from
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lvmydbvjivsvmwtim...@forum.dlang.org that has some
good candidates for hackweek I think.

Yes, we should have an answer for each of the Boost string algorithms.

Are we collecting hackweek ideas anywhere?

Andrei?