Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
But if you want to contribute, how about a JSON parser for phobos? You'll need one anyway for your IDE.

BTW, JSON parsing comes for free with javascript. Why not incorporate dmdscript into your IDE as its extension language?

The official JSON website has tons of bindings, here's the C one:

http://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~jsg/json_parser/

I'm gonna try and get it converted to D over the weekend.

After some digging into the C sources, I decided I didn't like the way they did it. I wanted the simplicity and elegance of JSON I use with jQuery ($.toJSON and $.parseJSON). I looked again at the simple graphs on json.org and decided it was simple enough to write a D parser from scratch, here's what I have after a few hours of work, both methods works, although I didn't thoroughly tested them yet.

http://pastebin.com/f25b67726

Let me know what you think and feel free to add it to phobos if you like it :)

Jeremie

Looks nice! But it needs to be ported to Phobos, and needs unit tests!