Hello Walter,

Ellery Newcomer wrote:

In the xml, will we see ct stuff and other transformations that DMD
performs on the source expanded?

ct stuff? What is that? Won't see dmd operations on the source
expanded. What you'll see is basically what ddoc generates, but in a
machine readable format. I.e. you'll see function names, with their
types, line number, comment, etc. Essentially what intellisense would
pop up.

template Foo (T) { T map(T[]) { ... } }

class Bar { mixin Foo!(int); }

void main()
{
  Bar bar;
bar. /// will the IDE have to do anything special to see 'map' or will it just be listed as another function?
}

If your ide can't see or doesn't have compiler, it won't be able to
do much (erm duh)

Yeah, but without a compiler why edit D source? <g>

My normal setup is running eclipse on a windows box to edit files on a linux box (via file share) where I compile things (I need some other stuff from linux). For this, I have no need for a compiler on the box with the IDE unless the IDE needs it solely for the auto-complete.