On Sunday, 24 May 2015 at 22:24:40 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
The compiler
situation feels odd, LDC and GDC have very few contributors despite being better than dmd at optimizing and providing a lot of extra perks

I find the situation being like at university looking for grants or funding, and constantly being told. 'Oh yes, it is important what you are doing, and you must keep doing it as it is pivotal for future success. But no, we won't help you.'

I wish I could do something to help, but unfortunately I can't think of much for now. (C++ coding and learning compiler internals exceeds what's possible as things stand). If things should take off on the business front, I'll try to help where I can, but that's a matter of a few years in the best case.

Anyway, I very much appreciate the work of you and your colleagues on GDC.