On Wed, 27 May 2015 02:45:57 -0400, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

What about using a D dynamic library in a C application? The C application would initialize the runtime which would register the callback. Then it would be undefined to unload druntime?

Good point.

I've come up another solution and posted it here:
http://dpaste.com/0DXBSNQ

Basically, I've gone back to the idea of using the dylib ctor/dtors. I don't think we really even need the image-added callback, at least not for dylibs.

I callback could still be used when the main application is written in D, but we could also replace it with my solution in the dpaste(the getThisImageInfo function).

As far as TLS goes, I haven't looking into the details of actually initializing the images yet. Once we have a solution for when and how to initialize the dylibs, I'll move on to the specifics... pun intended ;)

I think the solution above may be a winner though.

    Bit