On 2/06/2015 1:11 a.m., Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 10:24:46 UTC, ketmar wrote:
and now you killed the only sensible way to use it: as package manager.

I don't care for it as a package manager either because it is too
complex. As you know, I like to do my things as individual files. I
don't go through the pain of making a new github repo with a gigantic
folder layout for every little thing.

One of the things I really like about D is how modules are encapsulated
into individual files. The code is there, the documentation is there,
the tests are there. No separate headers or anything else.

The only package management scheme I'd even consider using is one that
has a per-file option... and even then, I probably wouldn't bother
because individual files are so easy to manage anyway that downloading a
new program to use them doesn't exceed the "existing option is good
enough for me" threshold.

But even if I don't use it myself, it would be kinda nice if the
repository could handle my files just so I can toss it up there and not
have to answer questions about that anymore. I'd be willing to add them
all individually to the repo, even listing the dependencies manually if
I had to (tip: make this a web form that I can just submit to add stuff
to it, no json upload).... but I'm not willing to separate my little
repo into 25 other repos and separate my folder into 125 other folders
to be added to it.

Something I've thought about but haven't suggested up to now is making dub-repo to support personal projects. Basically one repo per person preconfigured if e.g. Github/Bitbucket is specified.

github.com/rikkimax/dubcode

Just as an idea for what I'm meaning url wise.

So then when specifying a dependency in dub, its just a matter of saying <person>:<subproject>

It would also help with people having there own util libraries all listed.

Of course then you'd only have to dump your code in there and have a dub file with each file being its own sub package.

Seems simple to implement, but idk if it is the answer.