On 06/02/2015 07:26 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 10:18:59 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:44:24 +0000, Paulo  Pinto wrote:

Thankfully mobile OSes and desktop app stores seem to be on the right
track to kill this.

yet they pushing cromeos and firefoxos...

FirefoxOS is going nowhere.

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/mozilla-overhauls-firefox-smartphone-plan-to-focus-on-quality-not-cost/

As for Chromebooks, at least in Germany they are gathering dust on the
few stores that bother to try to sell them.

They might be on the Amazon US top charts, but I bet most of its users
are GNU/Linux users, wiping ChromeOS and using GNU/Linux instead.

Yes. That's also part of why I don't have much expectation for Taizen, either. It would already have enough of an uphill battle even if the technical aspect was total 100%. But by promoting HTML5-for-apps, they might very well be riding the wrong end of a last-decade fad.