On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 09:18:27 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:10:09 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

But I think web browsers are slowly moving towards a situation where you soon can make sensible games in webgl + asm.js using home-made engines using "native javascript" (basically javascript targetting LLVM IR) or pnacl (LLVM IR). So the distinction between native and non-native is
getting blurred.

this whole thing is complete disaster. instead of designing a simple virtual machine with well-defined commands, they keep uglifying already ugly js. this is so bad that i believe that we will live with that for many years (really, i see that the worst technology with as many ugliness one can stuff into it usually wins; that "web shit" is ugly enough).

Thankfully mobile OSes and desktop app stores seem to be on the right track to kill this.

http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2015/05/web_vs_native_l.html