Hello Ary,

Don wrote:

Ary Borenszweig wrote:

Michal Minich wrote somewhere else:

---
You can try to download just bare Eclipse platform (which is just
text
editor) and install descent into it using Eclipse software updates.
It
starts up faster than C or Java version Eclipse and there is only D
related stuff in the UI.
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-20090917
0800/index.php

Under "Platform runtime binary"
---
I tried it and it's true, it feels much lighter this way and you
don't a lot of bloat in menus and other things.

It would be great to put this on the Descent front page.

I put it on the "Installing the plugin" page as soon as I saw it here.
Thanks Michal Minich!

You are welcome :)

I use it this way from the beginning on both Windows and Ubuntu. I first installed Descent into Java Eclipse, but it was also first time I saw Java and Eclipse :) so I was quite overwhelmed by the lot functionality available and could not find which is for D and which for Java. This way it is more beginner friendly.

Thank you for your hard work on Descent.