On 06/10/2015 09:06 AM, Atila Neves wrote:

I think that if a project is a dub package, then it needs to be able to
be built with dub. If anything on code.dlang.org doesn't (correctly)
build with `dub build` then that would be incredibly wrong.

Right. And to summarize what I said elsewhere about that: "Building WITH dub" need NOT imply "building using dub's internal buildsystem". It only needs to mean "The CORRECT buildsystem can be trigged via 'dub build', whatever buildsystem that may be".

That's why the current situation is backwards and CAUSES splits rather than preventing them: We can always trigger dub's internal buildsystem via "dub build", but trying to get "dub build" to trigger the CORRECT one INSTEAD of built-in (whenever a different one is needed) is a world of hurt.