On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 07:11:33 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
actually making a good GC for D is difficult because the only type of barrier you can use it hardware protection faults. The performance dropoff isn't _that_ bad from what I've read in various papers.

I should have an article up in a few weeks detailing my summer research project on this.

That sounds like an interesting project!

I think it is possible to modify the language slightly and make (to me) acceptable restrictions on where GC is allowed to get better performance. Still, I am sure you will be able to find some new opportunities in your research project.

I am looking forward to see what you come up with.