On Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 20:54:46 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
It makes sense, and is very extendable, and uniform. You can deal with
this much easier when imlplementing some sort of wrapping than one
that has to do something different depending on how many args are
passed inside the []. I like the new way.

Well, considering that we're talking about a _slicing_ operation, and
not an indexing operation, I'm not about to start using opIndex for it
unless I'm forced to.

opIndex is used for slicing operations now. It's just the index is a range of indexes, not a single index.

I think opSlice probably should have been given a different name instead of commandeered for a new meaning. Like opIndexRange or something.

-Steve