On 06/20/2015 12:20 PM, ketmar wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:14:43 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 15:36:45 UTC, ketmar wrote:
it was designed to ignore that fact altogether. html/css layouting is a
pitiful attempt and barely usable. bwah, it can't even do normal
constraints!

Hmmm, what do you mean by normal constraints?

google://cassowary

that is a *real* constraint engine. what we have in css is a half-assed
attemt to emulate the real engine without the engine itself.

I can see why people aren't familiar with that and it's approach: There's zero front-page examples, and any basic "examples 101", "how to use it" seem well-buried. Most people are gonna take one brief look and move on. It seems to really need some better PR.