On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 22:42:23 UTC, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
On 06/20/2015 07:00 AM, Etienne wrote:
On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 13:33:34 UTC, Dragos Carp wrote:
On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 12:35:11 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
[...]

Even if the callbacks are sequentially listed, the "callback hell" is
still there.

A better solution is to use fibers. You can take a look at a fibers[1]
and tasks[2] implementation in asynchronous library[3].

[1] -
https://github.com/dcarp/asynchronous/blob/master/src/asynchronous/futures.d

[2] -
https://github.com/dcarp/asynchronous/blob/master/src/asynchronous/tasks.d

[3] - http://code.dlang.org/packages/asynchronous

Yep, looks like we already have better. I don't understand how D hasn't
fully picked up in Web Dev at this point. Are they expecting an
e-commerce/blogging/cms platform to go with it?

A while back I was bored and curious to see how vibe would fare in the web framework benchmarks (http://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/) so I started adding vibe to it (https://github.com/ariovistus/FrameworkBenchmarks).

Chose to go with ddb. Postgresql+asynchronous, sounds great. It didn't compile with the latest dmd at the time. So I fixed it up, made a PR, and it worked fine.

It looked like I was getting results close to netty (in json serialization) without much effort, but ultimately, I set it aside to wait for my PR to be merged.

what is the deal with ddb, anyways? Is it dead?

Hm, ddb doesn't have an asynchronius driver so you're probably going through std.socket which is thread blocking. I think the author isn't very active, but you shouldn't make it a habit to wait for a merge before continuing, or else you'll never be productive. Worst case your fork will be more up to date and you can become the maintainer I guess