On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 19:00:08 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 15:21:29 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
High DPI settings screw up native UI too if it's not pixel-precise, and ignoring user preferences is infraction, I'm afraid. And this is where web actually shines: it's designed to adapt gracefully to any user settings. Well, of course when site design strays from how web was designed to work, it runs into problems, that should be obvious.

The highest-DPI devices I use nowadays are mobile devices and, in my experience, websites are the ones who most often get it wrong.

I mean only design possibility, which is not taken advantage of in modern web, unfortunately.

That's usually related to tiny text, but that affects the overall layout too.

Designers like their 5-pixel fonts and believe everybody will appreciate them. But I think pixel-oriented design is a flawed design choice for web, web wasn't designed to work that way.