On Saturday, 20 June 2015 at 00:07:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I question how much good something like this would do. I feel like const vs immutable vs shared vs inout is already very confusing as is, something like this would just add more stuff to think about on top of it and just make the whole system more confusing. I know its supposed to be for implementation internals, but I just worry that it will just make things more complicated. I feel like the type system is already pretty ugly right now, do we need to make that worse/is it worth making that worse?

Also would it be possible to restructure the container to cleanly separate the mutable and immutable parts? I think if its possible, it would be a much better solution.

Just my 2c...