On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 13:43:50 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Yes, just provide a function that works on chars and reuse map for laziness.

Actually, this might not quite work because toLower/Upper might need to transform two characters at once in some alphabets. Ugh.

still I do generally like the idea of getting users used to composing building blocks themselves. We provide the pieces and the docs tell them how to put it together. If foo().bar() works, no need to always write a new foobar() function too.