On 24/06/15 02:17, Mike wrote:

Ok, I'm with you.  Allow me to offer another suggestion then.

1. Add functions `toUpperCaseEager` and `toLowerCaseEager`.
2. Have `toUpper` forward to `toUpperCaseEager` and `toLower` forward to
`toLowerCaseEager` with a friendly comment.  You don't need to deprecate
`toUpper` or `toLower` unless you want to.  It will happen naturally and
gradually in time anyway.
3. Add functions `toUpperCase` and `toLowerCase` implementing the lazy
versions.

How will that make things better? A user will see both toLower and toLowerCase can think: "What the h*ll is the difference between these to functions".

--
/Jacob Carlborg