On 26/06/15 17:46, Dicebot wrote:

Totally. Remember - this is effectively will make specific API a
language standard which will propagate it to all sort of 3d party
libraries.

I don't mind :)

I find it unacceptably unreadable and verbose, to the point
it will make working with those libraries considerably harder.

I use `test!"=="(a. b)` which is:
- short
- robust (supports any binary operator D has)
- straight to the point (it is about testing, not about what program
should/must do)

I would say that using strings as template parameters for everything in D is really ugly and a sign of abuse. Soon all D code will be contained in a single string literal passed to some function.

The fact that examples uncourage UFCS abuse makes it even worse.
Something that looks like this:

`2.timesTwo.shouldEqual(4)`

.. gets immediately marked as garbage in my book.

So what do you UFCS should be used for, only for arrays/ranges?

There are also things like `shouldBeFalse` and `shouldBeTrue`. I
couldn't imagine anyone seriously using names like that until I have
examined that proposal.

You need to try Ruby ;)

--
/Jacob Carlborg