On Sunday, 26 July 2015 at 02:53:12 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
On 2015-07-25 22:35, Brandon Ragland wrote:
On Sunday, 26 July 2015 at 00:46:58 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
[...]

In relation to DDB: Have you seen: https://github.com/buggins/ddbc

It's most similar to the JDBC driver in Java. Currently supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite. That might be a good starting point to expand the
SQL driver support for a web framework.

I dug around some of your repos, too early to comment but I'll sift through more of it as time allows, see if I can't offer anything towards
your current goals in the near future.

I fully agree that D would be a great fit for web development.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the goal is to avoid libpq. A typical Vibe.d TCP Connection is based on what you know as Green Threads, it's called Tasks/Fibers in D. It means you have to avoid any library that uses thread-blocking I/O because you're using 1 thread to handle all requests.

That would make sense then.

Was unaware vibe.d was using green threading. The JVM dropped green threads circa 1.2, a long time ago.

I suppose the complexity of asynchronous I/O was never implemented to avoid these blocking issues with fibers/tasks?