On Sunday, 26 July 2015 at 21:58:02 UTC, Brandon Ragland wrote:
On Saturday, 24 August 2013 at 19:13:49 UTC, jerro wrote:
[...]

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but was working n a project to replace a few C programs today, that are time-sensitive and process fairly large batches of files, for live-use.

Was looking for a way to inline a few function calls that could shave a few seconds off my run time today, ended up using GDC attribute flags but was hoping the language had this feature.

Though I understand it intelligently decides, sometimes it doesn't do so well.

Case in point might be a call that at first glance doesn't get called often, but when in production, gets called thousands of times. That could be massive savings if it were able to force inline.

-Brandon

It looks like support is being considered:

http://dlang.org/pragma.html#inline