On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 08:54:34 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 22:52:11 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 09:01:33 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 02:14:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
AliasTuple in particular has serious issues with it from the perspective of teaching people what it is an how to use it, because it has Tuple in its name,

People keep claiming that, but have never posted any evidence. We know that _TypeTuple_ had issues, but for all we know, the problem was the "Type" part, not the "Tuple" part.

We have various reports that are consistent and confirm this is an issue. At this point, this is a repeatable experiment, not an anecdote anymore. Ignoring repeatable experiment puts you in the tinfoil hat section of the population. You don't want to be there.

Well, your post kind of proves my point. You've stated this several times, and you mentioned that people had problems, but as evidence you only mentioned some obscure irc communications that - for all I know - no one except you has ever seen. Now, I could simply believe you there (after all you're a competent person), but... that's not very scientific at all. If you say that these are repeatable experiments, with a representative sample of the programming community (or even just beginners), with consistent outcomes, then I prefer to see evidence for these claims before I believe them. I'm therefore not ignoring experiments, I have doubts about the validity of said experiments.

That's nonsense.

Being a company that regularly teaches D to newcomers, I can confirm that in the real world it's a mess to teach TypeTuple.

And IMHO that is the common experience of everyone that has to deal regularly with someone that he's learning D in the development department.

Dicebot, feel free to correct me, but I think that this is also what you are experiencing day by day in Berlin...

So, literally, what we are talking about? That's a fact, not a speculation, and a fact that's costing to my company.

--
Paolo