On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 18:41:51 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
OK, that is what I first thought. Then I thought it meant that for that function, it works as if -inline was passed on the command line (i.e. try to inline if possible, if not, don't worry about it). So you are saying the first interpretation is correct?

That means pragma(inline) is essentially useless.

Well, if pragmas work with : like attributes (I don't know if they do), then pragma(inline) would be a way to undo a pragma(inline, true) or pragma(inline, false) on specific functions, similar to how many folks want !final or final(false) after using final:, but if : doesn't work with pragmas, then yeah, it's totally useless.

- Jonathan M Davis