On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 13:43:35 UTC, karabuta wrote:
D is really cool and makes a good candidate for developing a game. Are there any guys out there using D for indie games?

I hack away at little games in D whenever I can find some free time.
My previous project was a strategy game:
https://github.com/rcorre/terra-arcana

I've abandoned it for now to move on to a less complex project that I can hopefully finish, but it did get to a playable state.

As far as the GC stuff, I haven't run into issues like I used to with C#+XNA, but I also haven't been pushing the limits on allocations (my last two projects were turn-based-strategy).

For now, D just seems to make me more productive than any other language I've tried. I'm hoping that if I do run into memory issues, std.allocator may be able to help.