Dear all,

Thank you for your replies. I am now really convinced that D is a decent choice for my project (also I am really happy to see that the forum is really active and apparently many of you use D for your scientific projects). I am just looking forward to writing the code. I had a very quick look at lecture given at DConf 2015 - good talk, and I believe D has a big promise in Science. Perhaps the only problem being is the mathematical library, like numpy.

Until now I usually wrote the prototype algorithms in Python and then translated the code onto C for speed. It would be just dream to use only one language. The dominant languages in science now for production codes are Fortran or C/C++, may be D could become another option?

With kind regards,
Yury