On Tuesday, 4 August 2015 at 20:37:18 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
A couple of things that might make D more pleasant for me are:
- I do a lot of simulation-related things, where the inputs and outputs can change a lot as I figure out how I want to do things, and - I use R. R was invented down the hall from C, and AFAICT, the C and R guys were believers that silent casting and undefined behavior are the foundation of a good programming language.

We should talk. I work in a research group with a lot of simulation work going on, your perspectives on D for simulations could be useful to me. If you're interested, drop me an email: john dot loughran dot colvin at gmail dot com