On Friday, 7 August 2015 at 20:24:54 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

Anyway, I was thinking that magicport seems to be very important the process of creating ddmd. I would think we should be able to leverage this work for interfacing with C. In particular, interfacing with C requires the transformation of .h files to .di files. My assumption is that magicport is capable of converting lots of C++ files to D files, although my recollection of Daniel Murphy's talk is that there are some cases where it does not work perfectly and he has to adjust things manually. Regardless, if it works for C++, it should work for C, maybe even better since C is less complicated. So maybe magicport can be used to make it easier to get C libraries working with D. Then, you would just need to focus on writing the APIs.

We already have htod and DStep.