On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 at 09:29:31 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
I do not. I underestime the benefits of tons of subtle passes that play into 0.1-0.2% in some cases. There are lots and lots of this in GCC/LLVM. If having the best code generated out there is not the goal we can safely omit most of these focusing on the most critical bits.

Well, you can start on this now, but by the time it is ready and hardened, LLVM might have received improved AVX2 and AVX-512 code gen from Intel. Which basically will leave DMD in the dust.