On Thursday, 20 August 2015 at 19:54:22 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 at 17:50:11 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
if(arr != null)

Definitely don't do that. IMHO, "== null and "!= null" should be
illegal. If you really want to check for null, then you need to use "is
null" or "!is null", whereas if you want to check that an array is
empty, check its length or call empty. By using "== null" or "!= null",
you tend to give the false impression that you're checking whether the
object or array is null - which is not what you're actually doing.

On the contrary, checking if it's equal to null checks to see if it
has the same elements as null. That's exactly what I would want.

And why would you want that? The length is meaningless if the pointer is
null. It shouldn't even be possible for the length to be anything other
than zero if the pointer is null.

This makes me think you misunderstand what I am doing.

-Steve

Which was my original point. :o)