On Thursday, 20 August 2015 at 20:43:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
This makes me think you misunderstand what I am doing.

If you care about whether an array is empty, you check whether its length is 0 or you call empty (which checks whether the length is 0). If you care about whether the array is null, you use "is null". I don't understand what else you could possibly be doing. "!= null" is just going to end up being equivalent to checking whether the length is 0, because the elements won't be compared if the length is 0, but it gives the false impression that you're checking whether the array is null - hence why checking != null is a bad idea. What am I missing here?

- Jonathan M Davis