On 8/21/2015 5:43 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/20/2015 7:50 PM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
And that we are doing it properly, first time. Props to you Walter for
being the
no-man!

We've still made many mistakes. But C++ is a lot more trapped by the
past than D is - such as the random size of 'int', the macro
preprocessor, syntax, useless const, non-Unicode character sets,
declaration ordering, friend declarations, Koenig lookup, etc. At least
C++ finally let go of trigraphs, ugh.

I'm still amazed by how even modern C++ code bases embed the trickiest,
most bizarre uses of the preprocessor and then build their entire code
structure around it.

Yeah I know we have. But unlike C++ with D2 we kinda solidified the idea of serious breaking changes every 5-10 years. Which is kinda important.
They don't do this.