On Friday, 21 August 2015 at 20:01:21 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
"This warning almost doesn't break any code!" Yes it flipping does. "It does break some code, but only in certain extremely specialized contexts like memory allocation!" No it's bleeping not. "Many of those warnings are probably actual bugs, you should fix your buggy code!" No, they quacking aren't. I just write code this way, because I find the empty/null distinction obvious and useful. Shocking, I know.

The distinction has its merits, but it shouldn't prevent you from seeing how it doesn't quite fit the D slice design.