On Thursday, 27 August 2015 at 13:49:18 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 19/08/2015 09:22, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

I'm interested in ways to reduce that gap.
[...]

Replace the backend with GDC or LLVM? :-P

Oh come on - LLVM was an inferiour backend for some time.
So what? Let us no work on it 'cause GCC is faster?

I can't figure out what you meant: LLVM has an inferiour backend to what? GCC or DMD?

I think he's saying that the argument: "Don't work on DMD because it's already far behind" could have been applied to working on LLVM when it was far behind GCC. I don't agree, but I think that's what he means.