On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 20:39:14 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 09/04/2015 09:21 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

Wait, wait, did I miss something? Since when was operator overloading
allowed as free functions?

Since UFCS, but DMD does not implement it.

There is nothing in the spec about supporting operator overloading with free functions, so I don't know where you get the idea that it's even intended to be a feature. UFCS applies to functions which use the member function call syntax, and operators aren't used that way. There is no plan whatsoever to support operator overloading via free functions.

- Jonathan M Davis