On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 18:48:52 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 18:44:44 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Arrayviews ("slices") are available as a type so you can do it like this:

Yeah, there's also the Array.slice and String.substring that work kinda similarly in old standard javascript.

Array.slice create value copies, not reference views. I don't think there is a "slice" for Array. :-/

But there's still a lot of type-specific verbiage in there, whereas with D, it is always the same [a .. $] for almost anything so it is one thing to remember instead of three or more.

Yes. So, let's create a TypeScript like subset of:D.

Compile GC-based D-JS -> JavaScript + TypeScript definitions.

The problem is that you might need a little bit of Dependent Typing in order to provide types for the browser API. I.e. return type depending on parameter values? Not sure.