On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 19:54:55 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 15:30:05 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
Does it have to do with char encodings?

Not the issue I hit.
Ah, forget about my suggestion, I misread something on the link you send.

So when it said "This method uses the browser's innerHTML property", I wasn't expecting it to behave significantly differently!

That is not the only way it behaves differently. jQuery's html() will actually execute inline script, whereas innerHTML won't.

Coming back to the thread's title, jQuery is a perfectly valid reason to use D. Sad that there is no proper way to do modern web development in D.